In this article, we're going to look at how plants move through GrowFlow, from clone through to harvest and beyond.
Let's go over a few Metrc basics. In Metrc, everything pretty much falls into three categories.
Immature Plant Batches: Clones and Seeds; these are identified by a Batch Name, rather than a Metrc tag.
Plants: Needing one Metrc Plant Tag per plant
Packages: This is everything else, such as large lots of Bulk Flower or some pre-packaged edibles; these items need one Metrc Package Tag which represents the whole package
Grow Overview Stages
1. Packages: This first column is where you can see all your packages which are of the type Immature Plants. These are the same thing as an Immature Plant Batch, however, they are represented by a Metrc Package Tag. If you purchase any clones from another cultivator, this is where you can find them after you have accepted the Transfer.
2. Clones & Seeds aka Immature Plant Batches: This is where you can create new clones by clicking the New button. You can also see all your currently growing batches of clones. Some users like to use this column to represent new, unrooted clones, and when they root, they'll move them into the Vegging column.
3. Vegging: Once you progress your Clones or Seeds into the Vegging stage, you'll need to make sure that each Plant has its own Metrc Plant Tag.
4. Flower: When the Plants are progressed from Vegging to Flowering, the previously assigned Metrc Plant Tag will remain the same.
5. Harvest: This is where you will enter your harvested Wet Weights as the beginning stage of the Harvest Batch into the system. This will become known as the "original wet weight" where you also have the option to assign the Harvest Batch Name, if one is not specified, GrowFlow will generate a Harvest Batch Name for you.
After Drying, you will also be able to create Packages of material from the harvest batch. Once you're done, the Harvest Batch will be marked as finished and will be hidden from your main screen.
6. Bulk Inventory: This is where you can see the remaining Packages that have been created from a Harvest Batch.
Grow Overview Moves
Packages ➜ Clones & Seeds
When purchasing Clones or Vegging Plants they will arrive with a Metrc Package Tag and can be found in the first column of the Grow Overview, after accepting them in Metrc. You'll need to unpack the plants to place them into the Clones, Seeds column and to reassign an Immature Plant Batch Name as the identifier.
1. To unpack, hover over the plants in the Packages column, then click on the green arrow.
2. Select the line item and enter the number of plants to create in the Qty To Create field, then click Un-Pack.
3. Now that the Package of plants has been turned into an Immature Plant Batch, they can be found in the Clones, Seeds column of the Grow Overview.
Plant Batches ➜ Vegging
1. To move one strain of clones into Veg, hover on the strain, then click the green arrow
2. Or, you can move an entire room into Veg by clicking the green circular arrow
3. To create New Clones or Seeds, click the New button
Vegging ➜ Flowering
Once your plants are in Veg, you may want to move them between rooms. You can do that by clicking on the plants by strain or room on the Grow Overview, then clicking Move Rooms. Or, you can accomplish this on the Plants Overview.
At the end of their Veg period, you will move the plants into the Flower stage.
Flowering ➜ Harvest
At the end of your plant's life cycle, it will be harvested.
Harvest ➜ Bulk Inventory
Once harvest wet weights are entered, Harvest Batches can be found in the Harvests column for entering the wet or dry material package weights, creating bulk inventory.