In this article, we're going to look at how plants move through GrowFlow, from clone through to harvest and beyond.
But first, let's point out a couple of Metrc basics. In Metrc, everything pretty much falls into three categories. You have:
Plants: Needing one Metrc Plant Tag per plant
Plant Batches: AKA Clones and/or Seeds; These can share one Metrc Plant Tag per set of up to 100
Packages: This is basically everything else, such as large lots of Bulk Flower or some pre-packaged edibles; these items need one Metrc Package Tag which represents the whole package
Grow Overview Stages
1. Packages: This first column is where you can see all your packages which are of the type "Immature Plants. These are basically the same thing as Clones or Seeds however they are represented by a Metrc Package Tag, rather than a Metrc Plant Tag. If you purchase any clones from another cultivator, this is where you can find them after you have received the Transfer.
Remember! After you purchase a Package of clones, you'll need to turn them back into a Plant Batch. Just click on the green arrow to move them into the Clones, Seeds column.
2. Clones & Seeds AKA Plant Batches: This is where you can create new clones by clicking the New button. You can also see all your currently growing batches of clones. Some people like to use this column to represent new, unrooted clones, and when they root, they'll move them into the Vegging column.
3. Vegging: Technically speaking, these are still Plant Batches. Metrc allows you to create Plant Batches of up to 100 per Metrc Plant Tag.
Note: California is the only state where Metrc does not recognize Vegging Plants and are considered Immature Plant Batches until they reach the Flowering stage.
4. Flower: Once you progress your Vegging Plants into Flower, you'll need to make sure that each Plant has its own Metrc Plant Tag.
5. Harvest: In California, you are required to weigh the full harvested plant, minus the root ball, and enter the weight of the Harvest Batch into the system. This will become known as the "original wet weight". After drying, you will also be able to create Packages of material from the harvest batch. Once you're done, the Harvest Batch will be marked as finished and will be hidden from your main screen.
6. Bulk Inventory: This is where you can see the remaining Packages that have been created from a Harvest Batch.
Grow Overview Moves
Packages > Clones, Seeds
If you purchase some Clones or Vegging Plants they will arrive with a Metrc Package Tag and you can be found in the first column of your Grow Overview.
You'll need to unpack the plants and assign them a Metrc Plant Tag, one Metrc tag per batch of plants with a maximum allowed quantity of 100 per batch.
To unpack the plants, use the checkbox to select them, then click Un-pack.
Now that the Package of plants has been turned into a Plant Batch, you can see them in the Clones, Seeds column of your Grow Overview.
Plant Batches > Vegging
1. If you want to move one strain of clones into Veg, you can hover on the Strain and then click the mini green arrow which will appear when you hover
2. Or, you can move an entire room into veg by clicking the green circular arrow
3. To create New Clones or Seeds you can click the New button
Promoting Clones or Seeds opens a new window to create Plants from the Immature Plant. Batches. Choose how many plants to create from each Plant Batch. Use the destroy leftover source dialog to dispose of clones that are not going to make it into the Vegging stage.
Clicking Create New Plants will create the Vegging Plants and give each one an individual GrowFlow ID and place them in the room you previously designated.
Vegging > Flowering
Once your plants are in Veg, you may want to move them between rooms. You can do that by selecting the plants, either in their Room View or in the Plant Details View, and clicking Move Rooms.
At the end of their Veg period, you will move the plants into the Flower stage. You again return to the left-to-right workflow and select the Room or Strain within a room to move to Flower.
This will open the pop-up window, allowing you to choose which of the plants in the Veg group you want to send to Flower. You can optionally choose a particular Flower Room.
At this point, you'll need to assign a unique Metrc Plant Tag for each Flowering Plant.
Flowering > Harvested
At the end of your plant's life cycle, it will be harvested, using the same left-to-right workflow. Here is an article going into depth on the Harvest process.
You have now mastered the plant life cycle in GrowFlow!