Last updated: 01/12/2022
The Weedmaps and GrowFlow integration will allow you to automatically sync your inventory from your GrowFlow account to your Weedmaps online menu. Your Weedmaps online menu will be automatically updated with available inventory so that consumers know they are always seeing the most up-to-date availability of products.
How To Integrate
You must have both a GrowFlow Retail and a Weedmaps account before they can integrate. Make sure you have Menus enabled on your store before you start.
Enabling Menus in GrowFlow
1. To enable menus, navigate to the Settings page. Under the “General” tab, you’ll see a “Menu Settings” section. Toggle on the Menu option until it’s green to enable menus.
2. Once you navigate to a different tab from General or refresh the page, the new Menus tab will appear.
Setting up your Weedmaps menu in GrowFlow
1. Navigate to the Menu page. This is where you will be creating a new menu on Weedmaps.
2. The “Add New menu” dialogue will appear. Fill out “Menu Name” and “Menu Type”. You can choose to publish it or leave it unpublished until you’re ready for it to be public.
3. The Menu Type should always be “Weedmaps”.
4. When you select the Weedmaps menu type, the first time you set up your menu, it will populate the option to generate an Access Key. Weedmaps calls this the API key rather than the Access Key, but it’s the same thing. Click on “Generate Access Key”. This is the key you will enter on your Weedmaps account when connecting your GrowFlow menu to your Weedmaps account.
5. Copy and save your Access Key so you can enter it into your Weedmaps account later on.
6. To finish setting up your menu, you will want to create your Menu Groups.
Creating Menu Groups
Menu Groups use filters to link your GrowFlow product templates to Menu Group types.
A. Enter the Group Name. This is the category where the products in this group will populate.
B. "Display Product As" is a setting that will name your products based on the custom attributes you select to be taken from your GrowFlow product template. Here, I have chosen the naming convention of “Product Name”.
C. "Filters" are what will set your products to be visible in the store. You will filter your current inventory based on custom attributes, such as brands, strain, suppliers, product categories, etc.
D. You will need to add a type of filter on the left then choose the actual filters on the right.
As an example, on the Flower menu category above, I have chosen to use the "Product Category" filter and only show bulk and prepackaged flower products (selected in the box on the right). This way, you can use the filters to show the specific products you want on your menu, separated by the product categories.
E. Add more Menu Groups by clicking on the “Add Menu Group” button on the bottom, left-hand corner. I added a second Menu Group for Concentrates in the example above and want my concentrates and kief to show up under the Concentrates product category on my menu.
F. When you are done building your Menu Groups, click "Preview" to view your work.
7. You will see the new WeedMaps menu that you just set up. You will also see a red dot when it’s unpublished and a green dot if it’s published. To publish or unpublish it, click on the edit button (the pencil icon) to edit the menu details again.
Connecting your GrowFlow account to your WeedMaps account
1. Follow the instructions for integrating your POS with your WeedMaps account here - https://help.weedmaps.com/business/s/article/How-do-I-integrate-my-POS-with-Weedmaps.
*NOTE: You will need your GrowFlow environment name to set up the integration. Your environment name can be found by looking at your URL when using your GrowFlow account after the /c/ portion of the URL. For example, in the URL - http://retail.growflow.com/c/test - the environment name is "test".