Purchase limits in the cannabis industry are regulatory restrictions that dictate the maximum quantity of cannabis products a consumer can buy within a specific timeframe, typically on a per-transaction, daily, or monthly basis. These limits are crucial for maintaining compliance with local and state cannabis laws as they help prevent the diversion of cannabis into the illicit market and reduce the risk of overconsumption.
In this article, we will review how to set up and configure Purchase Limits in your account.
Setting Purchase Limits
To set up purchase limits for your store:
1. Click on Store Settings.
2. Select Compliance.
3. Refer to the subsection titled MJ Purchase Limits.
4. Toggle on the Enforce Purchase Limits setting and select a Purchase Limit Type.
Individual purchase limits are enforced per category, whereas Combined purchase limits use equivalency to enforce limits across a combination of categories. Check with your state regulatory body if you are unsure of which Purchase Limit Type to select.
5. Each category type (Flower, Edible, Concentrate, etc.) will appear under a section titled Rec Purchase Limits or Medical Purchase Limits. Both options will be available if your state allows Med/Rec sales. Enter each category's limits in the required fields, as seen below.
After you have entered the purchase limit information and, if need be, had a GrowFlow representative select Unit Weight or Net Weight for each category:
6. Click on Organization Settings.
7. Select Product Categories.
8. On the Product Categories page, you'll want to make sure that your product categories are linked to their associated purchase limit type. If you are in a Metrc-connected state, make sure the correct Metrc Type is selected.
To make changes, click the kebab in the top-right corner of the screen and select Edit from the drop-down menu.