Creating a Product Profile for Retail
Before accepting a transfer, we recommend you first create Product Profiles that the packages can be linked to when accepting your transfer. You can also do this directly from the Transfers page, but doing it beforehand can make it easier and faster when accepting your transfers.
Create a New Product Profile
1. Click on the Inventory icon on the left of the page.
2. Click on Products
3. Click the Green Plus (+) button on the top right of the page.
4. Fill out the Add New Product form. Note that an asterisk means that the category must be filled out. We recommend you add a Supplier and Brand as this can help you when looking for specific data sets later on.
A. Add a Product Name
B. Select a Product Category for the Product.
C. Select the Supplier associated with the Product. (Optional)
D. Select a Brand for your Product. (Optional)
E. Select a Tag for the Product. (Optional)
F. Toggle on Not Discountable to lock the item from being discounted (Optional)
G. Add any text you want to be added to the label. (Optional)
5. Select the Unit of Measure for the Product.
A. Enter the Unit Weight for your Product and select the unit weight type from the dropdown
B. Enter the Net Weight for your Product and select the unit weight type from the dropdown
C. Select a Strain to be associated with the Product. (Optional)
D. Turn on Is Sample if this product is a sample (Optional)
E. Select the Pricing Type for the Product. With Tiered pricing selected, please select the Pricing Group you want to assign to the Product
F. Enter in the Sales Price for the Product. If your store is set with Inclusive Taxes off, you will enter the Pre-Tax Price for the product. If your store is set with Inclusive Taxes on, please enter the Post-Tax Price for the Product
G. Click Add Medical-Only Pricing if your store is both Medical and Rec and you need to set a Medical price for the product as well. Remember to Save & Close when you are done
Tips for Product Creation
1. When creating a Product Name, try to stay consistent while also including some details to easily be able to differentiate the Product. For example, Dutch Treat Bulk, Dutch Treat 1g, Dutch Treat 3.5g, Vape - Dutch Treat .5g, Vape - Dutch Treat 1g.
2. If the item being sold is prepackaged, please select “Each” as the unit of measurement and put in the product weight while also making sure it’s in the correct weight format - grams, milligrams, or ounces.
3. Pricing Type is how the total will be calculated. Simple Pricing is sold at the price entered into this field. “Tiered Pricing” is mostly used for deli-style and allows customers to mix and match products while still getting price breaks when they hit a certain weight. Please refer to our Pricing Tier article for a more in-depth look at how this can be set up and the benefits it has for you and your customers.