Adding in Product
Now that categories have been created, but before accepting a transfer, you will want to first create Products that the packages can be linked to. Please note, if you receive Flower in bulk and are then pre-packaging on-site, you will want to create both Products because when you accept it, you’ll receive it as bulk and then convert it later.
Add a New Product
Click on the “Inventory” icon on the left of the page.
2. Click on “Products.”
3. Click the “Green +” button on the top right of the page.
4. Fill out the “Add New Product” form. Note that an asterisk means that the category must be filled out.
A. Add a “Product Name.”
B. Select a “Product category” for the Product.
C. Select the “Supplier” associated with the Product. (Optional)
D. Select a “Brand” for your Product. (Optional)
E. Select a “Tag” for the Product. (Optional)
F. Toggle on “Not Discountable” to lock the item from being discounted (Optional)
G. Add any text you want added to the label. (Optional)
5. Select the “Unit of Measure” for the Product.
A. Enter in the “Unit Weight” for your Product and select the unit weight type from the dropdown.
B. Enter in the “Net Weight” for your Product and select the unit weight type from the dropdown.
C. Select a “Strain” to be associated with the Product. (Optional)
D. Turn on “Is Sample” if this product is a sample. (Optional)
E. Select the “Pricing Type” for the Product. With Tiered pricing selected, please select the Pricing Group you want to assign to the Product.
F. Enter in the Sales Price for the Product. If your store is set with “Inclusive Taxes” off, you will enter the “Pre-Tax Price” for the product. If your store is set with “Inclusive Taxes” on, please enter the “Post-Tax Price” for the Product.
G. Click “Add Medical-Only Pricing” if your store is both Medical and Rec and you need to set a Medical price for the product as well. Remember to “Save & Close” when you are done.
Tips for Product Creation
When creating a Product Name, try to stay consistent while also including some details to easily be able to differentiate the Product. For example, Dutch Treat Bulk, Dutch Treat 1g, Dutch Treat 3.5g, Vape - Dutch Treat .5g, Vape - Dutch Treat 1g.
2. If the item being sold is prepackaged, please select “Each” as the unit of measurement and put in the product weight while also making sure it’s in the correct weight format - grams, milligrams, or ounces.
3. “Pricing Type” is how the total will be calculated. “Simple Pricing” is sold at the price entered into this field. “Tiered Pricing” is mostly used for deli-style and allow customers to mix and match products while still getting price breaks when they hit a certain weight. Please refer to our Pricing Tier article for a more in- depth look at how this can be set up and the benefits it has to you and your customers.