Once you've started your register and opened your drawer, you are ready to start making sales. In this article, we will walk through how to start orders for customers. Whether you’re using customers that are saved in your Customers list or Anonymous Customers, we make it super simple to start an order!
How to Start an Order for Saved Customers (No Queue)
To start an order for an existing customer in your Customers list:
1. Click on Sales.
2. Select Cashier Home.
3. Select a customer from the list or enter the customer’s name in the Search field to locate your customer’s profile.
4. Click Start Order in the top-right corner of the Customer Details pane to begin the order.
How to Start an Order for Saved Customers (Customer Queue Enabled)
To start an order for an existing customer in your Customers list while using the Customer Queue feature:
1. Click on Customers.
2. Select a customer from the list or enter the customer’s name in the Search field to locate your customer’s profile.
3. Click the Check In button in the top-right corner of the Customer Details pane.
4. If you currently have a register open, you can use the Start Order button to begin the order from here.
How to Start an Anonymous Order
1. Click Sales. This will direct you to the Cashier Home page.
2. Click the green New Order button in the top-right corner of the screen. You can also open the drop-down menu to start an anonymous order for a Veteran, Senior, Disabled, or Student customer.
I'm missing the option for New Order or Start Order!
These options will only be available if you have a register open. For information on how to start a register, please review this article.