In this article, we will walk through the steps to add a new Loyalty Discount. Loyalty Discounts are what are applied when a customer redeems points they've earned via your Loyalty Program.
Add a New Loyalty Reward
1. Click the Settings icon on the left of your screen.
2. Click on Loyalty.
3. Click the green plus (+) button in the top-right corner of the screen to create a new Loyalty discount.
4. Enter a Loyalty Name to describe the purpose of the loyalty discount.
5. Turn on Redeem Points at Register if you want to apply a dollar value to each point earned. This option is not required.
6. The Points Needed field allows you to set the point exchange rate, this determines how many points are needed to enable this discount from the orders screen during checkout.
7. Select a Loyalty Type. This option will determine the type of discount used.
8. Enable Require Admin PIN if you want the discount to require that an Admin enter their PIN before the discount will apply to the order. NOTE: Only users with full Admin permissions will be able to enter their PIN to apply the discount. Users with custom permissions with access to Discounts will not be able to use their PIN for an override.
9. Discount Rules can be added to limit the discount based on factors such as Customer Status, Days of the week, Start/End dates, and so on.
10. Select a color for the Loyalty discount button that will appear when checking out a customer.
11. Review the sample button to ensure it looks correct.
12. Click Save & Close.
Entire Order by Percent - This is for giving a percent off any order, regardless of the item. For example, 250 pts = 5% off entire order, or 750 pts = 10% off entire order. After selecting this, enter the percent you will take off the order.
Entire Order by Amount - This is for giving an amount off the entire order, regardless of the items. For example, 200 pts = $10 of the entire order, or 1000 pts = $50 off the entire order. After selecting this, enter the dollar amount you will take off the entire order.
Entire Order to Dollar - This is for giving away an entire order for a certain price, regardless of what the original price of the order is. For example, 5000 pts = Entire order for just $100, or 3000 pts = Entire order for just $400. After selecting this, enter the price you will charge for the entire order.
Item by Percent - This is for giving off a percentage of a certain item. An example would be 100 pts = 5% off any Vape Cart, or 400 pts = 10% off any edible. After selecting this option, enter the percentage you will be taking off the item.
Item by Amount - This is for giving off a dollar amount off a certain item. An example would be 250 pts = $5 off any crumble wax, or 500 pts = $25 off any Coda Brand Chocolate Bars. After selecting this, enter the dollar amount you will be taken off the item.
Item to Dollar - This is for lowering the price of a specific item to a certain dollar amount regardless of how much the price of the item is. For example, 100 pts= $1 PreRoll or 750 pts = $7.10 gram of Kush Masters Wax. After selecting this, enter the price you will charge for the item.