To transfer waste through Metrc to a disposal service, we will...
Package our product, entering no waste for the conversion
Then, package the MMJ Waste package from the remaining source weight
Let's take a look at an example of packaging Bulk Concentrate from Flower & Buds.
Part I: Package Bulk Inventory
On the Inventory page, click the clipboard icon on your bulk package to copy the tag number, then click the Package button:
Let's say we are making 500g of Bulk Concentrate from 2,270g Flower & Buds. Under "Amount to Use" we will only enter the amount of concentrate produced:
At the bottom of the page, we enter the final weight of the concentrate, and we will not enter a waste value (keep as zero):
Now let's create our MMJ Waste package for the remaining Flower & Buds weight.
Part II: Package MMJ Waste
Now that we've made our Bulk Concentrate, let's copy the tag number from our remaining weight of Flower & Buds and go back to Package:
Here is what your window will look like to package the remaining weight as MMJ Waste:
1. Select Bulk Inventory
2. Under "What are we making?" select a MMJ Waste. Then, select your product name in the next field that appears.
Tip: Don't have an MMJ Waste product? Click Create New Product Template to make one:
3. Paste your inventory ID (tag number) into the search bar or filter by Type, Strain, or Room to locate your source bulk inventory
4. Click "All" to use the full quantity to create your MMJ Waste
5. Enter the total grams of the MMJ Waste to create (the same value as in step 4)
6. Keep the waste entry as 0 (this field is not applicable to MMJ Waste)
7. Select a room to place the MMJ Waste package into
8. Click Preview Convert to review the convert details in the next window, then click Convert to finish!
Now you will see the MMJ Waste package on the Inventory page! ✨
If you're ready to transfer out the MMJ Waste package, hover over the blue tag number and click the clipboard icon to copy the tag number, then go to Orders>New Order to start your transfer:
From here, you can create your Waste transfer to a disposal facility. See How To Create A Sales Order for these steps.