METRC currently does not allow reporting any waste outside of its system. To make it easier for customers to do this, we have created a workflow where you can record daily plant waste in GrowFlow then export a CSV file to upload to METRC. Here's how!
1. To collect plant waste, select the “Collect” button above the Flower column.
2. Enter in the room where waste is being collected from, the total weight in grams of the waste and the reason for destroying the waste. Putting an explanation is optional in both GrowFlow and METRC. Press “Submit” when you’re ready to report the waste.
3. You will see a success dialogue pop up showing “Collected waste has been recorded.” A new Grow Waste dialogue will also show up.
4. Select the waste you just disposed of and click “Dispose Selected”.
5. Enter the disposal method, material mix and press the “Dispose” button once you’re done.
6. You will see a confirmation message at the top right of the screen showing “Successfully Disposed of Disposals”.
7. Go to the “Dashboard” on the top navigation then press on the “Reports” tab. Once you’re on the Reports page, go to the “Changes” tab, and then navigate
to the Daily Plant Waste tab!
8. You will see a new report with the record for the plant waste that you just destroyed. To export only the records that you haven’t reported yet, you can use the date filter to only show the records on those dates that you haven’t reported. Press the “Export” button to generate a CSV download of the records.
9. Login to you METRC account.
10. Navigate to the "Plants" navigation, then to the "Plant Waste" tab.
11. Click the import button to import the CSV file that you downloaded from GrowFlow.
12. The data import screen will show up. Navigate to the “Plants Waste” tab to import the CSV file. You’ll see an example of the CSV columns, which is already formatted correctly from the GrowFlow CSV export. Click the arrow button again to upload the file. You’re done reporting your plant waste!