Metrc currently does not allow recording any waste outside of its system. To make it easier for customers to do this, we have created a workflow where you can record plant batch waste in GrowFlow and then export a CSV file to upload to Metrc. Here's how!
To destroy a plant batch, click on any plant batch on the Grow page.
2. Select the “Destroy Selected” button to destroy the plants you’d like to destroy.
3. Destroy the plant by filling out the reason for the destruction, the room you’d like to move the plants to (optional), the longer explanation of why the plant batches are being destroyed, and the quantity being destroyed. Click on the “Destroy Items” button once you’re ready to destroy the plant batches.
4. To collect the waste amount of the plant batches that were destroyed, click on the “Waste” button above the Bulk Inventory column.
5. Select the plant batch you just destroyed to dispose of. Click on the “Dispose Selected”.
6. Enter the disposal method, the material mix, and the total weight of the plant batch, and then press “Dispose” when you’re finished.
7. You will see a confirmation message at the top right of the screen showing “Successfully Disposed of Disposals”.
8. Go to the “Dashboard” on the top navigation then press on the “Reports” tab. Once you’re on the Reports page, go to the “Changes” tab. Go to the Plant Batch Waste tab.
9. You will see a new report with the record for the plant batch waste that you just destroyed. To export only the records that you haven’t reported yet, you can use the date filter to only show the records on those dates that you haven’t reported. Press the “Export” button to generate a CSV download of the records.
10. You will see the records you created, which you’ll use to report in Metrc in the exported format in their plant batch waste disposal section.
11. Login to your Metrc account.
12. Navigate to the “Plants” navigation, then to the “Plants Waste” tab.
13. Click the import button to import the CSV file that you downloaded from GrowFlow.
14. The data import screen will show up. Navigate to the “Immature Plants Waste” tab to import the CSV file. You’ll see an example of the CSV columns, which are already formatted correctly from the GrowFlow CSV export. Click the arrow button again to upload the file. You’re done reporting your plant waste!