Label Printer Setup
Setting up your Zebra ZD410 with ethernet.
In this article, we will go over how to set up your Zebra ZD410 ZPL printer on a Windows machine. You will first need to set up the device via USB before configuring network access which will allow you to print from an Android or IOS device.
PC - Initial setup via USB
Download and install the Zebra setup utility found here
Once the setup utility has been installed, launch “Zebra Setup Utilities” from your desktop.
This will open an installation wizard, click the “USB” radio button, then click “Next”.
4. When you see the screen below, connect your Zebra ZD410 to the PC using the provided USB cable. Ensure that the power is connected and that the printer is turned on.
5. Wait 60 seconds. If the installation does not detect your printer, click "Manual install".
6. From the list, choose "ZdesignerZD410-203dpi, ZPL". Then, click "Next."
7. When the installation is done, click "Finish" to close out of the first-time setup wizard.
8. If the setup was successful, the zebra setup utility screen will launch with a printer visible in the printer's list.
PC - Setting up the printer for networked, and IOS devices
From the Zebra utility screen, select the printer you would like to configure for network setup from the list.
Click “Configure Printer Connectivity,” from the printer configuration settings.
3. Choose “Wired” from the following screen, then click “Next”.
4. Ensure that “Internal Print Server” is selected on this page, then click “Next.”
5. In this configuration we recommend choosing DHCP for your IP address assignment as it is the most common setup. With that selected, click “Next.”
6. This will create a ZPL file that will configure your printer. From this screen click “Next” to send that file to your printer.
7. Finally, click "Finish" to save your changes to the printer.
Mac - USB setup from a mac.
Connect the printer to the mac using the provided USB cable.
Connect the power to the printer, and turn the device on.
On your Mac, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, and click "System Preferences".
From the system preferences window, click "Printers and Scanners".
Click the Addition button (+) at the bottom left of that screen.
6. This will launch the print wizard, click the "Zebra Printer" in the list.
7. From the driver selection window, click “Select Software.”
8. From that list choose “Zebra ZPL Label Printer”
9. Click "Add" to add the printer.
10. If you would like to share it with other Macs, ensure that “Share this Printer on the Network” is selected.
Note: This does not allow the printer to be shared with an IOS device. To do that, you will need to configure the printer using the network setup steps from a PC.