When creating a new Customer/Patient profile, you can scan their state ID or driver’s license to automatically populate certain information, making it quick and easy to get them set up for loyalty rewards, tracking their purchase history, age verification, and more.
Please note: In order to take advantage of this functionality, your barcode scanner must be able to read PDF417 (2D) barcodes. Only IDs with PDF417 barcodes on the back can be scanned, meaning some older IDs from certain states may not be scannable due to format. If a customer’s ID fits these criteria but still doesn’t scan correctly, please contact us and let us know the ID type and the issuing state.
To add a customer/patient profile by scanning their ID:
1. Click on the “Customers” icon on the menu to the left
2. Click the green “+” icon to add a new customer.
3. Click the “Scan ID” button on the top of the pop-up window.
4. Ensure your “Cursor” is located inside the search field and then scan the barcode on the license. Click “Populate Fields” after scanning.
5. Fill out the rest of the Customer’s information and then click the “Save & Close” button at the bottom of the pop-up screen to accept those changes.
Once the scan is complete, you can add additional information to the profile before saving.
You can also scan Customer/Patient IDs to verify age at the time of check-in and before completing an order. For more information, check out the Retail: Age Verification article.