When creating a new Customer/Patient profile, you can scan their state ID or driver’s license to automatically populate certain information, making it quick and easy to get them set up for loyalty rewards, tracking their purchase history, age verification, and more.
Please note: In order to take advantage of this functionality, your barcode scanner must be able to read PDF417 (2D) barcodes. Only IDs with PDF417 barcodes on the back can be scanned, meaning some older IDs from certain states may not be scannable due to format. If a customer’s ID fits these criteria but still doesn’t scan correctly, please contact us and let us know the ID type and the issuing state.
How To Add a Customer Profile by Scanning an ID
1. Click the Customers icon.
2. Click the Green Plus (+) icon to add a new customer.
3. Click the “Scan ID” button on the top of the pop-up window.
4. Ensure your Cursor is located inside the search field and then scan the barcode on the license. Click Populate Fields after scanning.
5. Add any additional information to the Customer Profile and then click Save & Close.
You can also scan Customer/Patient IDs to verify age at the time of check-in and before completing an order. For more information, check out the Retail: Age Verification article.