Closing Your Drawer
Make sure to close out your Drawer/Register at the end of every shift to prevent discrepancies. It’s typically easiest to count your drawer down to the closing amount and anything remaining will be your Total Deposit Amount. Do not factor in Drop amounts as those have already been counted. It is always a good idea to do one final count of drops and ending deposits to make sure everything adds up and matches Cash Sales. Please make sure to stay consistent with the register's Closing and Opening amounts.
1. Click on the Sales icon on the left side of the screen.
2. Select the register you want to End.
3. Select End Drawer from the drop-down menu.
4. From the End Drawer menu please review the values to ensure accuracy and enter your Total Deposit Amount. Once complete, click End Drawer to close out the register.
A. Starting Balance - The amount of tender the register had when it was opened.
B. Incoming Drops - Adding money to the register.
C. Outgoing Drops - Removing money from the register.
D. Cash Sales - Total amount of cash sales in the register
E. Expected Cash in Drawer - Amount of cash that should be present in the register.
F. Total Deposit Amount - Amount you want to deposit
G. Amount Left In Drawer - The amount of money you want to be left in the drawer for the next shift.
Closing a Drawer for an employee (Admin Permission Required)
It's possible that an employee forgot to “End Drawer” before leaving, and now you're unable to use that register. No worries, as long as you have the “Admin Permission” you can close the drawer without your employee present.
1. Click on Reports on the left side of the screen.
2. Click on Shifts.
3. Select the register you would like to close. It will not have an ending date or time in the Ended column.
4. In the top right, select Close Shift.