Taxes in GrowFlow Retail are broken into specific categories to help you organize your tax rates and view your tax reports accordingly.
To add a new Tax in the system:
1. Click the “Settings” icon on the left side menu.
2. Select the “Taxes” button from the “Settings” sub-menu.
3. Click the green “+” button on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
4. Enter the tax “Name” & “Rate.”
5. Toggle the “Exclude for Tax-Exempt Customers” based on the tax you are entering.
a. For “MJ Tax”, this will stay off.
b. For “Sales Tax”, this toggle should be turned on.
6. Click “Save & Close” to accept those changes.
To ensure your taxes are being applied to the correct products:
1. Click the “Products” icon and then select “Product Categories.
2. Select the category you are wanting to edit and then click the “Edit” icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Select the taxes you would like to apply to that category.
a. For products with THC in them, you will select both “MJ Tax” & “Sales Tax.
b. For non-THC products, you will select just the “Sales Tax” checkbox.
4. Click “Save & Close” to save those changes.
To view a report of your collected taxes:
1. Click the “Settings” icon in the left side menu.
2. Click the “Taxes” button in the “Reports” sub menu.
3. From there, you can select which date ranges you would like to review.