The steps for intake are the same whether the inventory is brand new that you wish to process or sell, or are returns (see step 10) for damaged, expired or unsold product.
Also check out the note at the bottom of this article if you are importing retail traceability types (Usable MJ, Extract for Inhalation, MJ Mix Packaged, MJ Mix Infused, Capsules; edibles, topicals or other infused products).
1. Find your pending inbound transfers by selecting "Inbound Orders" under the Orders menu.
2. Then click "View Pending Returns and Inbound Transfers" in the upper left.
3. Anything transferred to you in the state system should automatically appear. If it looks empty like this, you'll need to make sure the Sender/Supplier has remembered to release the transfer. Ask them to login to their traceability system and verify that the status on the manifest is "in Transit".
4. Each inbound order has a "Show" button on the left. Click that to expand the items that were sent to you. Due to limitations in Leaf, we are only able to allow one order to be imported at a time.
5. Make sure that all tested items have a valid lab result ID (LRID) showing under the sender's inventory ID. If you get a warning about the lab results, you can still proceed to import any items you determine as meeting your expectations, and reject any others you don't want.
a. Your screen will prompt you with warnings if any invalid, "attested" lab results are attached. Attested results start with "WAATTESTE". They are only valid if they are unique, belong to the lot they are attached to, AND that lot is older than July 2019.
b. You'll also be warned if any two or more items are sharing the same lab result. It would then be up to you to determine whether that meets your expectations. For example, it would not be valid for two 5-lb flower lots to share the same lab result, but it might be fine if two smaller lots that came from the same tested parent lot share an LRID.
c. If it's an inbound transfer of items being returned to you from a retailer, then you'll likely get the warning about duplicate LRIDs. Those are okay! The warning is due to shared LRIDs because you likely sold multiple products from the same tested parent lot. In this case you can ignore the warning and proceed to import the retail returns.
6. Be sure all the items in the transfer have a strain name - this may not have been transferred through the API. If a strain name is missing, you can assign it here.
Note: For any non-retail traceabilty types, GrowFlow will assign to each imported item a product name that is the item's traceability type. If you want an item to have a particular brand, category or product name for organizing your inventory or for use with the LIVE store, you'll need to assign the desired product via the Modify>Product process after importing.
7. Click the uppermost checkbox which will automatically fill in the received amount to the amount shipped per the transfer.
8. To edit the quantity you actually received, type the correct number in the "Received" column, or you can click the "Reject" button on that line item if you didn't receive any (or are not accepting).
You may also click the topmost "Reject" button at the top if you did not receive the order and wish to clear it out of your inbound orders area.
9. To edit the price you are paying per gram or per unit, enter the new price in the "Unit Price" field. Editing prices in your GrowFlow account does not edit them in the sender's account. They would need to make the adjustment in their own system.
Note: If you forget to edit the price before importing the items, you can still edit them after importing by clicking on the accepted manifest ID and editing the price field.
10. If the manifest being sent to you is a return of goods that the sender had previously accepted, you can click the "Return" box for any or all line items, and set the unit price to match your original sale price (or as close as you can estimate based on your reports). GrowFlow will track Returns (check your Dashboard reports) so you can reduce your gross sales by the amount of returns when reporting for monthly taxes.
Note: Credits are outside of traceability, but you can give credits on future orders when the sender of returns does not collect cash at the time of the return.
11. Choose a room that you'd like all the new inventory to go into. This makes it easier to find later, since all the inventory will get new IDs created and need to be labeled once you import it. The default new room is Bulk Inventory.
When finished, click on the big blue button one time to accept the items into your inventory or to reject anything.
12. A green "Success" message will flash in the upper right of your screen, and you will be directed to your Inbound Orders history page where you can see your inbound transfers. Refresh your screen to see the latest imported manifest included in the list. Click on the manifest ID if you want to review the manifest details, or print the labels for the new IDs.
You can also go straight to a view of the items in your Inventory screen by clicking the button "View On Inventory".
Note regarding importing retail traceability types:
GrowFlow will bring in the name of the retail product as transferred through Leaf, but these will be considered "external" products. As such, their product names will appear in yellow on your screens instead of blue. The inventory with yellow product names can be used the same way for orders and conversions as those with blue product names. The difference it that those with yellow product names would need to be modified (via the Modify>Product workflow) in order to be eligible for use in your LIVE Marketplace store.